At Healthy Spot, we know that your dogs and cats are more than just pets, they’re family. That’s why we’re committed to providing monthly updates on pet food recalls, warnings or additional product information on all pet products, including updates from brands that we may or may not carry. It’s our mission to inspire healthy pet lifestyles and we hope by reporting on these pet product updates, you feel confident you are treating your pet the very best.
August 3, 2020 — We were recently informed by smallbatch that they received several reports from customers that the latest batches of their “lightly cooked” line contain unusually large pieces of bone. While not a major concern for larger dogs, these pieces may be harmful to dogs with smaller mouths or physical chewing limitations. Because of this, we have decided to voluntarily remove all smallbatch “lightly cooked” food recipes from our shelves until this issue is resolved.
If you have purchased smallbatch lightly cooked food at your local Healthy Spot recently and would like to return or exchange your product, we are more than happy to do so. Here are the recipes that are currently on our shelves and the specific smallbatch “lightly cooked” product details that may have been affected:
- •Smallbatch Lightly Cooked Canine Beef 5lbs
- •Smallbatch Lightly Cooked Canine Beef 2lbs
- •Smallbatch Lightly Cooked Canine Chicken 5lbs
- •Smallbatch Lightly Cooked Canine Chicken 2lbs
- •Smallbatch Lightly Cooked Canine Turkey 5lbs*
- •Smallbatch Lightly Cooked Canine Turkey 2lbs*
*These products are only available at our North Berkeley location.
We will gladly take back any smallbatch “lightly cooked” products that meet any of these criteria:
- •a June 2021 expiration date
- •missing a lot code and/or expiration date
- •has lot code: 17620, 17237-1, 17237-2, 17220, 17820, 17520, 17620, 17720, 17236-1, 17236-2 or 17234
Please speak to a team member at your local Healthy Spot or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or if you would like replacement recommendations.