May is our birthday month! It’s been 12 years since our co-founders, Andrew and Mark, set out on a mission to inspire healthy pet lifestyles and we are so grateful to have an amazing community of pets and pet lovers who believe in us. While this year’s celebration is a little different than in the past, we still wanted to honor this milestone by sharing a behind-the-scenes look at our company. From our humble beginnings to our quirky office culture, you’re sure to learn something new about us!
1. Our original logo was blue with a paw print inside of the "o" in "Spot"! Andrew and Mark later decided to change the color to our iconic Healthy Spot green with our Spot the dog silhouette. Here is one of the old versions of the logo after the color changed to green:
2. As of March 2020, we’ve helped donate over $350k to local rescues since we opened our doors.
3. Prior to launching Healthy Spot, in an effort to better understand the pet industry, Mark worked at a pet treat bakery and Andrew trained to be a dog groomer.
4. The conference rooms at our headquarters are named after Mark’s and Andrew’s late pups - Biscuit and Lucky!
5. We have a bell at our headquarters that we ring when we have office announcements. It is much louder than we expected and makes everyone jump every time we ring it.
6. Our groomers have won more than 100 awards in some of the top national and international grooming competitions.
7. Having a dog-friendly office isn’t always smooth sailing. We once had a pup pee inside of our Director of Brand Marketing’s shoes...twice in the same month!
8. Our first private label product that we introduced to our customers was our bully sticks. Since then, we’ve expanded our collection to include packaged treats, toys and salon products!
9. We have created over 50 different t-shirts designs for our community events throughout the years! Here’s a photo of one of our Rawnivore shirts!
10. You can catch a glimpse of our stores in episodes of the following shows: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Private Practice, Insecure, Basketball Wives and Keeping Up With the Kardashians. We’ve also been featured in two Netflix documentaries - Dogs (Episode 4 - Scissors Down) and Pet Fooled.
11. Every year, our team at headquarters does a Fantasy Football league. The winner gets tickets to a football game and the loser has to paint their face like an animal. You might have seen one of our team members on our IG story a few years ago with her face painted like a pup!
12. One of our groomers, Cameron Adkins, is in a rock band that has toured around China!
We hope some of these facts brought a smile to your face and shed light on what happens behind-the-scenes at Healthy Spot. Thanks for being a part of our journey for the past 12 years - we can’t wait to create even more memories with you!