OFFICIAL RULES OF THE HEALTHY SPOT, CALIFORNIA SCIENCE CENTER FOUNDATION AND GRACE CHON “A DAY FOR A DOG” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The “A Day for Dog” Contest (”Contest”) is open only to those who submit an original entry 100 words or less on why their dog deserves to be treated like Hollywood royalty for day on www.healthyspot.com/adayforadog, and who are 18 years old as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of California and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Healthy Spot and California Science Center Foundation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Healthy Spot as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on August 26, 2019, 12:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time and ending September 6, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. All online entries must be received by September 6, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry on healthyspot.com/adayforadog. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Healthy Spot. Entry is allowed once per email address until September 6, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Healthy Spot.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and 5 (five) Runner Up Prize Winners will be selected by a joint decision by Healthy Spot, California Science Center Foundation and Grace Chon (“Sponsors”). The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive a prize package that includes a $150 Healthy Spot gift card, a complimentary Healthy Spot haircut and spa treatment, a 30-minute photo session with Grace Chon, four (4) general admission tickets to the California Science Center Foundation Foundation’s special exhibition Dogs! A Science Tail, a social media advertisement feature on select California Science Center social media pages utilizing Grace Chon’s photo of the grand prize winner and paparazzi treatment on Sponsors Instagram pages. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $800. The Runner Up Prize Winners will receive a prize package that includes two (2) general admission tickets to the California Science Center Foundation’s special exhibition Dogs! A Science Tail, a copy of Grace Chon’s book, Puppy Styled and a Healthy Spot goody bag. Approximate value of the Runner Up Prize is $80. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsors. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor’s to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by the Sponsors based on the originality and creativity of the submission. Winners will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winners. Sponsors shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsors, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsors, and the Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsors from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Sponsors may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, the Sponsors may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsors has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in CALIFORNIA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Healthy Spot, 6089 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230, United States. Requests must be received no later than September 13, 2019, 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Contest are Healthy Spot, 6089 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230, United States, California Science Center Foundation, 700 Exposition Park Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90037, United States and Grace Chon.
- By submitting an entry into the Contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.