February is National Pet Dental Health Month
Posted on Jan 29, 2016 , 0 comments
February is National Pet Dental Health Month and we want to make sure your pup’s pearly whites are, well, pearly white. While diet, training, exercise and grooming are important, your pet’s dental health plays just as big a factor in their well being.
Dental Care and Warning Signs
- Doggy Breath
- In the long run, poor dental hygiene can end up being a costly medical issue. First signs of dental or gum disease could be “doggy breath.” Most of us just expect it from our pups but persistent bad breath can indicate your dog needs better dental care.
- Brush Regularly
- If you’re not brushing regularly, the plaque and tartar build up can eventually lead to diseases such as gingivitis. Diseases like periodontal disease can lead to severe pain, tooth loss, abscesses and bone loss. While daily brushing is recommended, brushing 3-4 times a week will go a long way in keeping your pet healthy and happy.
- Long Term Health Effects
- Putting off proper dental hygiene for too long can lead to systemic diseases such as heart, liver, and kidney disease. Bacteria from the mouth can enter the bloodstream and lead to serious infections and organ damage. By brushing regularly and keeping an eye on your pets dental health, it’s easy to avoid these serious and expensive healthy issues.
Maintaining Dental Health
Founded in 2003, Petzlife Products are dedicated to creating innovative, all-natural products that improve pet’s lives. The Petzlife Oral Care system is a complete, 100% all-natural solution to your pet’s oral care needs. All products are human grade, in fact it’s safe enough to use on people. Every ingredient is sourced from reputable suppliers. The secret to its effectiveness is its main ingredient: a specially formulated proprietary blend of grapefruit seed extract along with other natural herbs.
Oral Care Gel and Spray
These are made with all natural tooth decay fighting ingredients like Grapefruit Seed Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Neem Oil, Thyme Oil and Peppermint Oil. All the ingredients are meant to remove plaque and tartar, reverse oral health disease, promote healthy gums, brighten teeth and kill bacteria. These are mad in the USA
Complete Finger Brush
These soft and gentle teeth brushes are easy to use and serve great as an applicator of Petzlife Oral Care Spray or Oral Care Gel. These come in a pack of three and are ideal for cleaning teeth and massaging around the gum line.
These are three sided toothbrushes that stimulate the gums and clean all three sides of teeth at once.
Complete Dental Treats
These are natural dental chews for your dog. They clean teeth and freshen breath while providing your dog with a healthy chew that will keep him occupied and his jaw strong. These use the same natural teeth cleaning ingredients as the Oral Car Gel and Spray
Indigenous™ Dental Health Bones are made with ProDen PlaqueOff® which is a natural kelp harvested from the clean, cold North Atlantic seas of Canada, Iceland, and Norway. This kelp is free from artificial colors and preservatives. The patented design of Indigenous™ Dental Health Bones helps clean teeth and freshen breath, while fighting plaque and tartar build-up. They are safe and highly digestible for all dog breeds and sizes.
Indigenous Health Bones Comes in Four Tasty Flavors
- Original Fresh Breath
- Roasted Chicken
- Smoked Bacon
- Carrot & Pumpkin
Dental Health Services at Healthy Spot
- Teeth Brushing from Healthy Spot Grooming
- The next time you drop off your pup for a spa day with us you can opt for our teeth brushing services. We’ll make sure your pup is calm and relaxed before we start brushing so they learn to enjoy the experience. While brushing helps eliminate some build up on teeth it does not replace full dental cleanings which should be performed on a regular basis.
- K9 Grillz Anesthetic Free Dental Cleaning
- We also offer in-store dental cleanings from K9 Grillz. They offer anesthesia-free teeth cleaning which is a gentle, safe and affordable alternative to traditional teeth cleaning which requires your pet to undergo anesthesia. Dr. Thomas’ process puts your pet in a calm, relaxed environment using gentle towel-wrapping to put your pet at ease. He then uses professional sanitized equipment to clean your pets teeth without the use of harsh anesthesia. All February long, if you come in for a K9 Grillz teeth cleaning session, you’ll receive a free Healthy Spot take home dental pack. For more info about K9 Grillz, check out our guest blog post with Dr. Thomas.
Free Take Home Dental Pack
All month long you can receive a take home dental pack with purchase of any Grooming Service and K9 Grillz Anesthesia Free Teeth Cleaning. Keep your pet's teeth clean and healthy with some Petzlife Oral Gel and Dental Chews. Supplies are limited.
Save on Dental Hygiene Products During February
Click here to save on Petzlife dental health products all February long!